This information was sent to us by an adoptive parent who after adopting an older child from the foster care system turned to Dr. Montminy for advice. They have found his advice to be immensely helpful and wanted to pass on information about Dr. Montminy to other parents.
Dr. Peter Montminy is a child clinical psychologist, parenting coach, and father of four who has been passionate about enhancing the emotional well-being of children and their families for the past 20 years. As the founding director of MidStep Centers for Child Development, Dr. Montminy has worked collaboratively with parents, teachers, counselors, and community leaders to ensure that struggling youth have the greatest possible chance for success in life. He believes that all children have the ability to move from surviving to thriving on their journey towards adulthood, if they have the proper guidance and support along the way. Dr. Montminy has been highly regarded for his therapeutic work with acting-out children and adolescents (with or without such labels as ADD or ODD), for his solutions-focused coaching that emphasizes personal strengths to cope with stress, and for his dynamic parenting workshops that are filled with love, laughter, and learning.
Dr. Peter Montminy is offering a 6-week teleseminar series
March 26, & April 2, 9, 16, 23, & 30
Thursday Evenings – 8:00pm
Participants will learn how to:
• Set clear and realistic expectations for your child’s success
• Ensure that your child understands & agrees what to do
• Prevent “Feeling Fevers” from blowing-up and wreaking havoc
• Harness the power of “But-Busting”
• Use “positive prompts” effectively instead of “negative nagging”
• Apply Dr. Peter’s 2 Critical Criteria for effective consequences
• Use a brief “Exit Interview” to ensure your child learns from mistakes
• Instill in your kids positive self-discipline and self-esteem
To register for this seminar or learn more please visit Dr. Peter’s website