This post was sent to us by Creating a Family
- You find yourself noticing families that don’t obviously match and wonder if they were created by adoption.
- You make note that these families act kind of like other families.
- You make a second note that these families, especially the parents, look happy.
- The thought of the next step up the infertility treatment ladder seems daunting, and fills you with weariness rather than hope.
- When you hear of a tragedy in another country, such as the Haitian earthquake, rather than just thinking “How sad”, you think “Hey, there may be kids who need parents, and here we are parents-in-the-waiting who need kids. Humm, I wonder???”
- Just the tiniest little piece of you is more curious than afraid of the thought of adopting, while the rest of you is still terrified and feels like adoption would be giving up.
- You listen to all the Creating a Family radio shows http://www.creatingafamily.org/radioshow.html instead of skipping the adoption related shows.
- You start to find those lists of famous adopted people fascinating http://www.creatingafamily.org/adoption-resources/famous-adoptees.html. Who knew that Steve Jobs and Faith Hill were adopted? They even seem pretty normal.
- Your ears prick up when you hear that an infertility friend adopted. You don’t necessarily ask questions, but you don’t avoid listening to the talk. You even find yourself reading the adoption posts on the infertility forums you frequent.
- You start considering that there is a point where you may have to say “no” to more treatment.