Top 5 Blogs; 2019
We know 2019 is over but were looking back to highlight our best blog posts. These are all worth your read.
- Letting Go of Control in Adoption. Sometimes, as a parent, it’s about letting go. Do you have Frozen’s theme song running through your head now? Great. And now, a nod to Moana, “You’re welcome!”
This photo was taken on a very special day for our family two years ago. The day we finalized our daughter’s adoption.
2. What Happens If I Change My Mind After Adoption? Choosing to place your infant for adoption is a very difficult process. This process can take a toll on expectant mothers; both emotionally and mentally. There are many conflicting emotions happening during the process; sometimes, birth mothers decide that adoption is not the right option for them.
3. Choosing Adoption First. Originally posted November 2010 by Rebekah McGee. Rebekah a New York Adoption Consultant with Adoptions from the Heart. She and her husband adopted an infant son from Ethiopia in 2012 after a 2.5 year adoption process. Their family then had two biological daughters in 2013 and 2017. They are a transracial and special-needs family as her oldest child has multiple disabilities.
4. Using Positive Adoption Language. In the past, negative language was often used to describe adoption because people treated it as a secret that had to be kept. In the more recent past, however, adoption has become much more open as it is treated as a perfectly legitimate way to build a family. It’s obvious that adoption has come a long way, but the language that people use to describe adoption is still lagging behind quite a bit.
5. Life After Adoption- How To Make The Transition Easier. Having a child will change your life. Is a time of happiness and celebration, but it can also bring some challenges. There are many reasons why parents struggle at the beginning – sleep depredation, adjusting to the new life, and many more. Here are some tips of what to do, so the transition to this new life style is easier for everyone.