Thanksgiving is the time to be thankful for all that you have in your life. Spending time with family and friends makes the day even better. Below are some fun activities you and your child can do to celebrate and give thanks!
- Appreciate Your Guests! Make place cards for everyone who will be attending your feast. Ask your child to think of one reason why they are thankful for each person and write it on the back. Before dinner, or after, have guests read them aloud!
- Painted Pumpkin Centerpiece: Have your child paint a pumpkin to have an your centerpiece during your feast.
- Turkey Trot! Sign up your family to a turkey trot walk or run in your neighborhood. Visit RunTheDay.com to check out local run & walks in your area.
- Mini Pumpkin Hunt: Hide one or more mini pumpkins, inside or outside, and let the family loose! It’s the traditional Easter egg hunt with a fall twist!
- Create a Family Tree: Research your family tree and create a tree for your child to decorate.
- Video-Chat with faraway relatives: Get in contact with friends or relatives that cannot make it to your Thanksgiving feast this year. Have your child tell them all about their Thanksgiving plans!
- Volunteer: Sign up to volunteer for a few hours at a local Soup Kitchen. Get your child ready for the season of giving by helping local families. You can also donate to your favorite charity or send a care package to soldiers overseas!
- Provide Dinner for a family in need: You can make the holiday season one to remember for a hungry family by offering a complete Thanksgiving dinner through an outreach organization in your community. Visit Feeding America for more details.
What traditions or activities do you and your family have for Thanksgiving?